GENERAL ELECTION TUESDAY NOVEMBER 6, 2018
EARLY VOTING for the November 6, 2018 General Election takes place from Monday October 22nd to Friday November 2nd. The closest early voting location to Haslet is at the Villages of Woodland Springs Amenity Center, 12209 Timberland Blvd, Fort Worth, 76244. For more information follow the links below:
- If you would like to see the Early Voting Schedule and location information
- If you would like to see the closest early voting location(s) to an address
- If you want to know the ID Requirements
ON ELECTION DAY Precincts 3043, 3152 and 3185 will vote at the Haslet Community Center, 105 Main St., Haslet. Precincts 3192, 3363 and 3567 will vote at the Heritage Baptist Church, 1200 FM 156 South, Haslet. Early Voting will not be held at either of these locations.
The City of Haslet contracts with Tarrant County Elections through a joint election contract which enables elections to be administered through the Tarrant County Elections office, and is more cost effective for the City of Haslet. Elections are held every year for alternating two-year mayor and council terms.
To run for office in Haslet (a general law city in Texas), you must, among other requirements:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 18 years old on the date of the election
- Have lived in the State of Texas for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the filing date for the election and in Haslet for at least 6 months prior to the filing date for the election
Filing for a Place on the Ballot
To run for city office, you must file an application with the city secretary. The application includes information required by the Texas Election Code and must be filed according to deadlines set by that code. A candidate may either file for a place on the ballot or as a write-in candidate, but an application must be filed in either case.
Detailed information for filing to run for elected office for the City of Haslet is available from the City Secretary's Office by contacting 817-439-5931 ext, 102 or by email.