ELECTION INFORMATION (Eleccion de la Informacion)

Language translation of page available in Español or Vietnamese on tool bar above at left by selecting "Site Tools" then "Translate Page".



APPLICATIONS for the May 4, 2019 General Election May be filed from January 16, 2019 to February 15, 2019.  The Office of Mayor, Council Member Place 2 and Council Member Place 4 are on the ballot.  See the Complete Notice of Deadline to File (PDF)

Follow this link to the City Council Candidate Application Packet or pick the packet up at Haslet City Hall, 101 Main Street, Haslet, from the City Secretary's Office.  

As of 12 Noon on Monday, February 11th, three applications have been received for the May 4th General Election as follows:

Incumbent Bob Golden, Mayor

Harold Williams, Council Member Place 2

Incumbent Patricia Hilborn, Council Member Place 4


The City of Haslet contracts with Tarrant County Elections through a joint election contract which enables elections to be administered through the Tarrant County Elections office, and is more cost effective for the City of Haslet. Elections are held every year for alternating two-year mayor and council terms.

To run for office in Haslet (a general law city in Texas), you must, among other requirements:

  • Be a citizen of the United States
  • Be at least 18 years old on the date of the election
  • Have lived in the State of Texas for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the filing date for the election and in Haslet for at least 6 months prior to the filing date for the election

Filing for a Place on the Ballot

To run for city office, you must file an application with the city secretary. The application includes information required by the Texas Election Code and must be filed according to deadlines set by that code. A candidate may either file for a place on the ballot or as a write-in candidate, but an application must be filed in either case.

Detailed information for filing to run for elected office for the City of Haslet is available from the City Secretary's Office by contacting 817-439-5931 ext, 102 or by email.