Haslet Wild West Fest
Welcome to the Haslet Wild West & Rodeo Event!
The 11TH Annual Wild West Fest & Rodeo is a one-day event. This 11-year-old tradition is a family fun event in the area and each year & Brings in visitors from all over.Join us for the 11th Annual Haslet Wild West Fest on Saturday May 16th at the Haslet Community Park. The fun starts at 10 am and ends after the Bull Riding Main Event, at approximately 8 pm. This is a rain or shine event. We look forward to seeing you there!
Sponsorship information available here
TO BECOME AN EVENT VENDOR – After reviewing these policies and procedures please click the link below to access the Vendor Registration & payment site.
Vendor Policies and Information
TEXAS SALES PERMIT INFORMATION
According to the Sales Taxes for Fairs, Festivals, Markets and Shows (Feb 2013), “If the market or mall does not have a centralized cash register or check-out, both the market itself and the individual sellers must have sales tax permits and are responsible for collecting and remitting sales tax on the sales they make.” In addition, it states, “Vendors should report total sales, taxable sales and the tax collected.”
Haslet’s Wild West Fest & Rodeo abides by the Texas State Comptroller about Sales Tax Identification, which is that ALL Vendors are required to have an ACTIVE Sales Tax Identification with the state. For information concerning sales tax identification, please see the link below:
Apply for a Texas Sales and Use Tax Permit online at https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/sales/ In order to activate that permit vendors must print, sign and fax that application. Call the Comptroller’s Office, (800)252-5555, for more information.
- State Comptroller Sales Tax Information regarding Fairs, Festivals, Markets & Shows
- Texas State Sales Tax Application
Vendor Booth Fee ($50 per 10’ x 10’ Booth Space)
Selling of any live animal is PROHIBITED.
Food Vendor – Food Tents ($100 per space)
Food Vendors who sell pre-packaged, non-hazardous foods and/or drink. Approval by the Tarrant County Health Department may be required depending on the type of consumables being sold (Example: Home-made goods, eggs, meat products etc.). Deadline for approval is (5) business days before the event weekend. If vendor has not met requirements before the deadline, they may not sell their food. Tarrant County Health Department.
Mobile Food Unit Vendor - Food Trucks/Trailers ($100 per space)
All Vendors that submit a PAID Food Vendor Application are placed in the Food Park area. A Temporary Food Permit is required through the
(Water and electric are not provided)
SAMPLING IS PROHIBITED
Non-Profit Vendor – Must have proof of non-profit status, 501(c)(3) Sales Tax Certificate. The organization will be assigned a space in a designated area, limited availability.
• Amusement Rides (No Cost) – Attractions are approved by the Wild West Fest on a limited basis. Attraction requirements include a $1,000,000 Minimum Liability Insurance Coverage, listing the City of Haslet as a certificate holder and a State of Texas Amusement Ride Safety Inspection verification with a current AR100, when applicable. Further requirements from the City of Haslet Staff may be necessary depending on the nature of the attraction.
Haslet Wild West Fest & Rodeo is held at the Community Park. For a more detailed look at the vendor location see the links below, we included parking information and an overall map of Gammill & Community Parks, where the event takes place.
• All vendors are responsible for their own money/change for sales. Change is not available - ATMs are located at the event.
• Vendors are responsible for their own behavior and the behavior of other assignees that represent the vendor. Vendors must maintain their space in a manner that protects the safety of the public and surroundings. Subleasing of vendor space(s) is PROHIBITED.
- Vendors are responsible for their own trash and removal of same. Dumpsters are NOT available.
• Solicitation, walking or standing in walkways to solicit money, selling items or handing out information is PROHIBITED. Every individual must rent a vendor space(s) and stay within the rented vendor space(s) in order to sell items, hand out information or promote a recognized organization or cause.
• Vendors may not overnight and campfires, open flames, alcohol consumption or illegal activities are PROHIBITED.
• Vendors are welcome to bring their own canopies and/or tents, all stakes must be less than ten inches in length.
- Generators are allowed, you must provide your own.
VEHICLES OR ANY MOTORIZED MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION:
• Vehicle loading or unloading must take place on the pavement before 9 a.m. or after 8 p.m. There will be NO vehicular traffic in the park between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. Please pull in, unload, park in designated area, return and set up. After event, pack up and break down, then pull in and load.
• During the event, NO vehicles of any kind can drive in the grass
• Parking for all vehicles and trailers is available in the EVENT PARKING AREA only.
PROHIBITED ITEMS NOT TO BE SOLD OR DISPLAYED:
Firearms & air guns
Illegal knives, swords or weapons (determined by local law enforcement officers)
Product displaying a sexual theme or imagery
Alcoholic beverages and Pharmaceutical products as prohibited by law
SET-UP, BREAKDOWN AND CLEAN-UP PROCEDURES:
• NO vehicular traffic between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. You may not pull up to your space to unload during these hours.
•Scheduled set-up time for Vendors is no earlier than 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 16, 2020.
• In the case that tents and items, including trash are left behind by vendors, a Clean-up Fee of ($25) will be charged- Vendors are charged this fee for items that need to be discarded after the event ends, which is 8 p.m. This fee is due before future reservations can be made by/for the vendor and continued violation of this nature will result in loss of vendor privileges.
• Pets are always allowed in the park if on a leash and tagged with appropriate identification and rabies vaccinations.
• All pet waste must be picked up by the owner immediately.
• Vendors/Customers with aggressive pets will be asked to leave the premises.
LIABILITY, ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Immediately report any suspicious or illegal activity to the Tarrant County Sheriff’s Department, (or to city event staff) (817) 884-1213.
• City of Haslet IS NOT responsible or liable for the loss or theft of any property or merchandise, quality of merchandise bought or sold, and/or any injury from any incident that occurs at the event.
• Anyone found to be in violation of any policies, or any ordinances imposed by the City of Haslet and/or any laws or regulations by the State of Texas will be asked to leave the event immediately without warning.
• Failure to comply with the rules and regulations set forth in the Wild West Fest Policies and Procedures, including the Texas penal code, will result in loss of vendor privileges and immediate removal from the event without refund at city staff discretion.
• Staff reserves the right to reject any requests for reservations, monitor merchandise, displays and decline renewal to any vendor.
• The City of Haslet reserves the right to update the Wild West Fest Policies and Procedures as necessary, and without prior notice, to ensure the integrity and safety of the City at large to include city facilities, city employees, city properties, the community, citizens, vendors, customers and the general public.
Vendors who do not follow the above event policies & procedures are subject to removal from the event and may be restricted from vending at future city events.